How to do: High Pulley Ab Crunch
High Pulley Ab Crunch is an effective and technically simple exercise to watch out for. Oddly enough, the exercise is not popular, but without any doubt, it is one of the best options for high-quality workout of the abdominal muscles. An obvious advantage of twisting on the upper block is also the fact that it allows you to remove unnecessary unnecessary load on the lumbar region.
This exercise perfectly works not only the superficial muscle groups of the press, but also the internal ones. Performing regular and correct crunches on the block will help you build strong, sculpted abs! Let’s look at the options and techniques for performing twists on the upper block with a video demonstration of the technique.
Kneel in front of the machine, holding the handle behind the neck:
- Exhale and roll the spine as you lower the sternum toward the pubis.
This movement is never performed with heavy weights. Concentrate on feeling the muscles contract, mainly the rectus abdominis, in order to focus the work on the abdominal core.
Crunches on the upper block while kneeling
Get down on your knees under a high block. Grasp the cable and lean forward.
- As you exhale without jerking, begin to bend towards the floor.
- While inhaling, smoothly return to the starting position.
High pulley ab crunch on the upper block while standing
Attach the rope handle to the top block. Stand with your back to the machine and pull the handle over your shoulders to your upper chest.
- As you exhale, bend your back and pull the weight as low as possible.
- As you inhale, straighten, returning to the starting position.
- Who shall do it: Everybody from beginners to experts.
- When: At the beginning or end of the session.
- How many: 3-4 sets, 20-30 repetitions.