French bench press with barbell. The starting position is lying on a horizontal bench. Griffle bar grab from above on straight, vertically raised arms:
– take a breath and bend your arms in the elbows, not pushing the elbows too wide to be able to lower the bar to the level of the forehead or behind the head;
– At the end of the movement to exhale.
1. The starting position – lying with his back on a horizontal bench, holding the bar of the bar in his hands.
2. The end of the movement. The arms are bent at the elbow joints, the neck is near the head.
Variants of the exercise – French press:
1. The rod bar is lowered to the forehead: firstly the medial and lateral heads of the triceps are involved,
2. The rod bar is lowered behind the head: mainly the long head of the triceps is involved.
Extension of hands with a post lying down – option on the simulator
Hand bending with a bar lying down – option on the simulator
A special simulator facilitates the movement and allows you to concentrate better on the working long triceps head.
Note: considering the different morphology (shoulder width, expressed valgus position of the elbows, flexibility of the wrist), the distance between the brushes is used narrower, and between the elbows – wider. Using a bar with a curved bar allows you to not overload the wrist joints.
Video for the exercise – french bench press with barbell
Application of the exercise french bench press with barbell
For whom: To everyone, from beginner to master.
When: In the second half of the workout. The first to train triceps. After extending the arms with the bar lying down, press the barbell with a narrow grip, lying on the bench and pushing the triceps back to the bench.
How many: 3-4 sets for 8-15 reps.