Lying face down plate neck resistance. Initial position – lying face down on a flat bench holding a training tool (a weight plate) behind the head:
– Lower your head down vertically and make an inhale.
– Lift your head up to the maximum, and make an exhale in the meantime.
– Return to the lower position.
Tip: position your body so that the chest is tightly pressed against the bench, and shoulders slightly protrude over its edges. This helps to isolate the load solely on the neck muscles.
This exercise engages the back neck muscles: the trapezoidal, clavisternomastoid, scalene and splenius muscles of the neck.
In order to achieve best results, it is recommended to hold your head in the maximum upper point for one second, and only then lower your head down to the lower position.
Perform this exercise carefully, with no jerks, in order to avoid injury. The weight shall be tightly pressed against the head.
Lying face down plate neck resistance – Workout video.
Application of the exercise
Who shall do it: Everybody from beginners to experts.
When: In the beginning or in the end of the training session. After lying face down plate neck resistance, perform lying face up plate neck resistance.
How many: 3 sets, 15 – 25 repetitions.
- Lying face up plate neck resistance
- Lying face down plate neck resistance
- Lying face side head harness neck resistance